No! There are real heresies in the writings of Luisa Piccarreta which we will explain.
The first principal heresy is that she clearly violate the Catholic notion of Divine Revelation and the role of private revelation in the Church. She (Luisa) clearly states that what she has received is a new revelation, available solely through her writings. This heresy is hold by the Modernists.
The second heresy is called Monothelitism. This heresy was comdemded by the 3rd Council of Constantinople (680). The heresy proposed that in Christ there was in effect only one will, the Divine Will, and that Christ’s human will was totally absorbed into the Divine. With a greater reason neither that could happen with any man’s will whatsoever. Impossible for anyone´s will to be absorbed into the Divine Will. And that is exactly what Luisa teaches again and again in her “revelations”. Luisa clearly and repeatedly teaches that when one receives this new ¨Sacrament¨ of the Divine Will the human will ceases to function as such remaining only the Divine Will in us. I repeat, this not even happen with Chist. He has 2 wills, one Divine and one human.
The third heresy is called Quietism. Luisa follows this heresy by teaching interior annihilation, asserting that this is the means of attaining holiness. She is teaching that our free will is not responsable of our actions once it is placed into the Divine Will.
Besides, there is a formal condemnation of Luisa’s books:
¨On Wednesday, July 13, 1938, in the General Session of the Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Holy Office, the Most Eminent and Reverend Cardinals concerned with the defense of the faith and good morals, following the previous recommendation of the Reverend Consultors, have CONDEMNED and ordered inserted into the Index of forbidden books the following works written by Luisa Piccarreta and published by others at different times in several places:
1. The watch of the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Chist, with a Treatise on the Divine Will
2. In the kingdom of the Divine Will
3. The Queen of Heaven in the Kingdom of the Divine Will
The following Thursday, July 14 of the same month and year, Our Most Holy Father, Pius XI, Pope by Divine Providence, in the usual audience accorded the Most Excellent and Reverend Assessors of the Holy Office, approved the decision of the Most Eminent Cardinals that had been submitted to him, confirmed it, and ordered it published.¨ (Acta Apostolicae Sedis, t.30, August 31, 1938).
CATHOLIC PRINCIPLES TO KEEP IN MIND:
1.- Christian faith cannot accept ¨revelations¨ that claim to surpass or correct Revelation which was indeed closed down at the death of the last Apostle, St John the Evangelist.
2- The teaching given in any private revelation must be summited to Sacred Scriptures and Tradition in order to prove itself as something considered as catholic teaching.
3.- Everything we need for our salvation and sanctification to the highest perfection has been given to us by Jesus Christ and the apostles and handed down to us through the Catholic Church.
EXAMPLES OF HERESY IN LUISA’S BOOKS:
1. Jesus to Luisa: “I wish to emit the third FIAT, since I cannot contain my love any longer. This will complete the work that poured forth from me. Otherwise, the work of Creation as well as Redemption would remain incomplete.¨ (BH, p 119). Against principle 1,2 and 3.
2. Jesus to Luisa: ¨There will not be either before or after you, any creature for whom I will obligate through necessity assistance of my Ministers.¨
COMMENT: One cannot be obligated through necessity to follow a private revelation. (Princ. 1)
3. Jesus to Luisa: ¨My Mother has supremacy over all the Church. In the same way I have done this with you… everything I reveal to you about my Will: The Goods that it contains and how the creature should enter into it and how the paternal kindness wants to open another era of grace”. (BH p.14)
COMMENT: Luisa is claiming to have received a new ¨deposit¨ of faith which parallels the revelation given to the Apostles. St Thomas teaches de following: “There is a threefold state of mankind; the first was under the Old Law; the second is that of the New Law; the third will take place not in this life, but in Heaven… we are not to look forward to a state wherein man is to possess the grace of the Holy Ghost more perfectly than he has possessed it hitherto.” (Summa I-II, 106).
Against St Thomas there is again Luisa’s ‘revelation’ from “Jesus”: “These revelations regarding my Volition will be as a balm to heal the wounds produced by the human will. Whosoever has the benefit of this knowledge will feel the flow of a new life of light, of grace and strength to fulfill my Will in everything… My daughter, the Kingdom of my Will is invisible. In these writings I have placed superabundant light, grace and attraction to make my kingdom victorious. TO THE EXTEND THAT THESE WRITINGS BECOME KNOWN, they will wage a sweet battle against the human will and will win.” (p.16, BH) (Against principles 1 and 3)
4. Jesus to Luisa: “Even the way I ask you to pray is not found in any other” (p 19, BH).
COMMENT: Suffices the Magisterium to answer for us: “Let the understanding, the knowledge, and wisdom of individuals as of all, of one man as of the whole Church, grow and progress strongly with the passage of the ages and the centuries; but let it be solely in its own genus, namely in the same dogma, with the same sense and the same understanding.” (DS 1800).
5. Jesus to Luisa: “The soul that does my Will according to the perfection that I teach you … she will surpass all the other Saints… because by remaining in my Will they act divinely, secretly and in a surpassing way” (BH, p 38).
COMMENT: Besides the heresy of Monotheism and Quietism in this sentence. Take heed that Luisa is saying that without this “revelation” the teachings and Sacraments of the Church as they have come to us through Sacred Scriptures and Tradition are inept to bring us to the level of sanctification God desires us to have”. It contradicts also principle #3.
6. “I (Luisa), upon hearing this, said to myself: ‘Soon He will say that His Will is more than Sacramental Communion itself’. Then He immediately added: ‘Right! Right! Because Sacramental Communion lasts a few minutes. It is temporary, My Will, on the other hand, is perennial Communion.” (p.36 BH).
COMMENT: This is completely impossible. Holy Communion cannot be compared to the indwelling of oneself spiritually in God! The Holy Eucharist is God Himself lasting physically few minutes in us, whereas on a mystical union of wills with God we always remain OURSELVES united with God through the bounds of charity! It is Monothelitism in all its monstrous size. It is again the voice of the serpent: “You shall be like unto God!” (understood as God as He is in His own essence).
7. Jesus to Luisa: “Ah, I repeat and I confirm to you that my Will is Sacrament and surpasses all the sacraments together in a way that is much more admirable, since it needs no one’s intervention nor anything material. The Sacrament of my Will is formed between my Will and the will of a soul. When both wills melt into each other they form the Sacrament.” (p. 106, BH).
COMMENT: This statement describing the nature of the union between the human and the Divine Will cannot be said even of Christ Himself. To say that His human will was melted into, or was fused with, his Divine Will, is heretical.
8. “When a soul acts in my Will her humanity is, as it were, suspended. Then the Divine Life of my Love takes its place and acts”. (p. 86, BH).
“Thus the soul, until she is buried in my Will and dies completely in It, by disintegrating her volition in Mine” (p. 28. BH).
COMMENTS: It is the heresy of Quietism. Annihilation of ourselves when placed in the hands of God. St Athanasius explains: “The human will following and not resisting or hesitating, but rather always submitting to His Divine and omnipotent Will. For it is necessary that the will of the flesh act, but that it be subject to the divine will”
9. “Jesus said to me (Luisa): ‘My dear one, look at how for the one who lives in my Volition there is no grace that goes forth from my Will toward all the creatures in Heaven or on earth in which he (i.e. the one who lives in the Divine Will) is not the first to take part. This is natural because he who lives in the house of his father abounds in his possessions. And if those on the outside receive anything, it is in virtue of him who lives inside.” (p.25 BH).
COMMENTS: Evidently, to live in the Divine Will is to join Our Lady as Mediatrix of all graces!(??).
10.-After being refused Absolution from her confessor, Luisa nevertheless received Holy Communion (after that refusal). She tells us that Jesus said to her not to worry… “For once a person is relieved of his own human will and given over to my Divine Will, there is no need for priestly absolution, for it is given to you by your loving Jesus”. (BH, Vol. 16. Nov. 5, 1923)
COMMENTS: Excellent example of the heresies of Monothelitism and Quietism. By doing this act of ¨trust¨ you shall be automatically saved without need of practicing your religion at all!!!
Luisa Piccarreta´s Divine Will is more than heresy. It is an entirely new religion that has a blend of Protestantism, Modernism, Buddhism, Monothelitism, and Quietism. These heresies destroy human responsability for one’s actions. This new religion gives the “formula” to become essencialy like unto God.
Note 1.- BH = When the Divine Will Reign in souls, Book of Heaven: A selection of Passages. Luisa Piccarreta Center for the Divine Will. Jacksonville, FL. 1995.
Un comentario en “IS LUISA PICCARRETA’S KINGDOM OF THE DIVINE WILL CATHOLIC?”
THERE IS A BIG GAP BETWEEN MARCEL LEFEBVRE AND MSGR. THUC , THE FORMER FOLLOWS PROVIDENCE , WHILE THE LATER PUT THE EMERGENCY MEASURE WITHOUT DECERNMENT . I GUESS WE LEARN OUR LESSONS THE HARD WAY…?